As families grow and evolve over time, it often becomes necessary for the courts to modify existing orders so that they remain relevant and fair. At Golda R. Jacob & Associates P.C., a Houston, Texas, family law firm, we stand as steadfast advocates for clients whose circumstances have changed, guiding them through the process of petitioning for a modification.

Our skilled family law attorneys help clients navigate issues related to custody, parenting time, child support and alimony, both with their initial divorce decree and as time goes on. We take the time to build lasting relationships, investing in each of our clients so that they know they have an advocate no matter what life brings them in the future.

Modifications To Conservatorships, Time Sharing And Support Awards

Courts are reluctant to modify agreements for every change a family encounters, because families need stability and the court system is already overbooked. However, in many situations the court will hear and grant petitions for modification to parenting time, custody, child support or spousal support orders, after there have been significant changes in:

  • The income of one or both former spouses
  • The financial needs of the children, including the cost of private education, health care needs or significant expenses from extracurricular activities
  • The children’s schedule, such as when they begin full-time schooling and make former parenting plans unworkable
  • A parent’s ability to provide adequate care for the children

At Golda R. Jacob & Associates P.C., we have more than 40 years of experience advocating zealously on behalf of clients requesting post-divorce modifications to court orders. Our lawyers provide clients with advice tailored to their situation and share insight on the standards courts use to make these important decisions.

Contact A Houston Attorney For Custody And Support Modifications

To schedule a consultation with an experienced Houston post-divorce modification attorney, contact Golda R. Jacob & Associates P.C., at 713-489-5656.